Managing talent is one of the main priorities for business. SMEs, however, often don’t have HR departments or the experience and expertise to manage a skill management process to overcome competencies gaps.
NeMESI has been conceived to promote policy learning and transfer processes across Europe in identification of skill needs through effective collaboration between sectors and improvement of the skill supply and demand management for the benefit of SMEs in the ICT and Green Economy sectors.
Such processes encompass quality and effectiveness improvement of regional policies through active trans-regional cooperation around Europe.
Moreover, they support mutual learning on innovative policy measures and practices and promote transfer into other regional systems.
One of the main project assets is a Best Practices database in which most significant experiences are collected, as a result of skill gap management activities performed worldwide and – particularly – in the European Union.
Call For Papers
Since the NeMESI project aims can mainly be reached through cooperation, knowledge exchange and mutual learning, it is crucial for the project to collect best practices in skills management – with particular reference to skill gap management, skill shortage overcoming, skill need analysis and skill matching in the ICT and Green Economy sectors.
Professionals and / or organizations who wish to contribute to the project achievements may submit an abstract about an experience in the mentioned skill gap management activities; papers will be evaluated and, where compliant to the project objectives, collected as a best practice.
Papers should cover the following topics:
- Identification of skill gaps in smes through effective collaboration between sectors in the ICT and the green economy. Overcoming organisational barriers and obstacles for partnership;
- The Role of different sectors (public/private) and organisations in identification of skills needs and skill matching. Developing a forward-looking HR and skills development policy through cooperation;
- Addressing current and structural challenges of competence development , such as the competition for qualified personnel.
Abstracts of the practice submitted should contain the following information:
- Name of referee
- Title of referee
- Email address
- Phone nos.
Description of the proposed good practice
- Title of the practice / experience
- Description of the practice: What does the practice do and why? Its rationale, purpose, scope, outcomes. Brief text (no more than 100 words). Please include links to further descriptions of the practice on national or European websites, if any. For all links, please note the language of the website.
- Classification: ICT or Green Economy
- Main activities: Main activities performed in the practice (max 50 words)
- Target group/beneficiaries: Briefly describe the main target group(s) for the practice (max 20 words).
- Period of execution: Start & end date (planned or actual)
- Outcomes of the practice (planned/expected and actual)
- Source of funding (if applicable)
Papers submission deadline is by September 30th, 2014. Abstracts must be sent via e-mail at the following address: email@example.com
Papers will be collected by project partners and evaluated for compliance with the project objectives or activities. Once evaluated, project partners may contact referees for more information before storing the practice into the project database.
In this case, referees may be asked to fill out a form used to match database fields.
Best Practices confirmation and treasuring schedule
Once received, papers will be checked within October 10th, 2014; request for more information will be immediate and reviewed papers should be sent within October 17th, 2014. Practice evaluation and publication on the database will be performed within October 31st, 2014 and results presented in the final conference, to be held in Rome in date November 14th, 2014.
NeMESI Applicant Partner
Istituto Romano per la Formazione Imprenditoriale
00154 Rome (IT) – 116, Via Capitan Bavastro
Phone: +39 06 571171
Fax: +39 06 5779102
Mrs. Delia Petacchi